1. There is currently over 10,000 planes in the sky – If that alone isn’t enough of a testament then visit flightradar24.com and you will see that the exact position of each plane and its heading, ETA and route and this demonstrates just how unlikely a crash is.
2. Flying is just amazing – It never ceases to amaze that the science of flight was initiated. You fire up the engines along a giant runway with a metal tube until it lifts off and stays up for hours, how is that even possible ?!
3. Airline pilots have an interesting diet - At most major airlines, the Captain and First Officer are required to eat different meals. This is to avoid the possibility of food poisoning taking out the entire crew - leaving no one to fly the plane.
4. You might get this pilot o your flight - "Ladies and gentlemen, if you would care to take a look at your in-flight magazine and check out our route on the large map in the centre pages, you will see that we have just crossed the fold in the middle..."
5. Flying is generally cheaper than most modes of travel – A research by Harvard University claims that like-to-like on regional and countrywide journeys in third world countries flying is cheaper and the most convenient mode of travelling and this is due to the rise of low budget airlines.
So there you have it, my 5 reasons for keeping the skies close to my heart. There is no reason flying should put you off ! Go For It